Wednesday, February 06, 2013

Digital Design: Life is Like a Piano...

Are you experiencing a feeling of deja vous?  Feel like you have seen this image before?  Well, you wouldn't be completely wrong.  When I put my introduction post for Digital Darla's Challenges Design Team together, I created this same design except it was all done up in blues.  What I didn't tell you at the time is that I had originally created the brown/gold version you see below.  Then I went over and found out our image was supposed to follow the theme that week which was winter blues.  Silly me became panicked me because I had less than a day to figure out what else to do!  I took a chance and turned it into a blue version.  Thankfully, it didn't look too bad in the blues so I used it.  Well, one of my Digi Darla teammates put me on to a challenge that calls for 100% digital creations.  So, the digital creation centre of brain is really excited because now I have a place to showcase the digital designs I create too.  Of course, they'll have to fit into the theme of the week but it is another opportunity to showcase my work which is really exciting.  So, here is the original version I created.

THIS IMAGE IS NOT FOR DOWNLOAD.
Sorry for the big and bold 'not for download' statement but I need to make sure that it is clear.  You guys are used to being able to download my digital graphics but when they are for a challenge it means that I have used a sponsor's image within the piece.  Digital stamps are not available for redistribution whether alone or part of a new creation unless explicit permission has been given from the designer.

Image Details:
  • I created this digital project using one of Digi Darla's inspirational sentiments.  You can find this image in the store under the sentiments section.  When I came across this particular one I knew it would be perfect for my design.  The sentiment has been coloured using Photoshop Elements (PE).  I then uploaded the new image into Inkscape to finish putting it together. 
  • The background image is a picture in the public domain.  The artist is Sabine Sauermaul and you can find this particular photo HERE at PublicDomainPictures.net.
  • The theme of the challenge this week is 'Not a Card or Layout".  I guess the best way to describe this project is as an inspirational poster.  I could print it and mount it or just use it for a backdrop for my computer screen.  I can assure you that the image has been created 100% digitally.
Challenge I am entering this digital design into:
 
Until next time,

 

8 comments:

Suze said...

I like both of them Lisa - for different reasons. I like the way the background texture shows out on the blue one. I think the Digi Darla image stands out more too. The brown and gold one is more subtle blending the elements together more. It is amazing how just changing the colours can create such a different look.

NickScrapShack said...

I like both of them as well. I am not a big fan of blue so I have to say that I like the brown and gold one a little bit better :)
I really like that stamp now when I seen it put to work. It even gave me a few ides for a LO I would like to do. TFS

Denise Pustelniak said...

Hi Lisa! Glad to have you! This is just STUNNING! I do like both of them! Thanks for sharing at Digitally Sweet!

Unknown said...

I left you a comment at Network blogs and there was a place to comment, I will check back later to see if it is published here! But just in case I said "Beautiful job Lisa!! I really love the blue one as well.. you rock the digital world. hugs"

Karen Wilson said...

Hey Lisa!! Awesome to see you here at Digitally Sweet!! So glad you found us .. love what you've created here and look fwd to seeing more! Thanks for joining us this week!

Crafting Vicky said...

I really love it in the brown and gold! how awesome to see it in a different color. I'm like I said before always impressed with work done just digitally!

Priscilla said...

You have been a busy girl. Nice project and so different from your others.

Pattie G said...

This is really pretty! Thank you for joining us at CDAC “Anything Goes Challenge”.
Pattie
CDAC DT