Friday, March 01, 2013

Flashback Friday: March 1, 2013

If you would like to see the impetus behind creating Flashback Friday please go HERE.

Oh my gosh, we are already into the third month of the year.  Just crazy!

This month I thought it would be fun to share one of my earlier pieces from a sketchbook that I had as a teenager.  


You can see just how ratty the page has become.  I never signed it but apparently I wrote the year on the back so this is from 1984 making me either 16 or 17 when I drew this.  I believe it was my first ever attempt at drawing a person.  I remember that the original picture I based this off of came from one of those learn how to draw series of books that you can get.  It certainly isn't anything special but then all art is a work in progress right?  At least that is what I keep telling myself.  However, I never really did improve on drawing the human body or faces, especially faces, so maybe that theory is out the window.  Hmmmm..... 

(not that anyone would want this picture but I still need to include this line...)
Please take note that the images posted in 'Flashback Fridays' are for REFERENCE ONLY.  They are not meant for download they are just to show you another glimpse of my creative self.

See ya tomorrow when I hope you will come back for this week's showcase.  It's a special one that you won't want to miss.

Until then,

3 comments:

Crafting Vicky said...

Wow you are really talented. I could never draw like that for the life of me!!!! Totally awesome!

Jennifer said...

This is just incredible Lisa! I think you've done an incredible job at capturing her face!

Pia S said...

I think it's nice that you've kept your old work! This is a really pretty drawing, you were obviously talented even back then...