Saturday, April 27, 2013

San's Design: "Small Stuff" New Release Blog Hop


Hello everyone.  Today over at San's Design, we have a blog hop going on to show you all of the latest new releases. The theme for this time around is "small stuff".  Let's take a look at all the new and interesting little items that San has created.

SN00158 - Knits

SN00157 - Family


SN00159 - Winged things
SN00160 - Sketchy swirl
SN00161 -Laces


SN00171 - Build a flower - set 1
SN00174 - Pearls
SN00175 -perfect specimen


SN00172 - Build a flower- set 2
SN00173 - Balloon flight
What a marvelous bunch of interesting new digis.  There are so many that I already have ideas on what I'm going to create using them.  I can't wait to get my hands on them and get started.  Earlier this week you got to see a sneak peek of the laces one.  I'll be showing you the full card for that sometime in the week ahead.

 Blog Hop

April 27th & April 28th

This is a 2 day hop so you have lots of time to visit each of the Design Team members and comment on their projects.  The hop will finish at 5:00 p.m. CET on Sunday afternoon.  For those of you living in EST zones like I am, that means that it will end at 11:00 a.m. EST.

If you've arrived here from Gry's blog then you are in the right place. If not, you can always start at San’s Design and hop from the very beginning.  Your next stop is Vicky's blog.

San is a wonderfully talented digital artist who creates the most amazing digital designs.  She also creates absolutely beautiful and unique cards too so if you haven’t had the opportunity to check out her work, you are missing out on a lot.  This weekend gives you the perfect opportunity to see many of the incredible new images in action as each DT member will be using a different one.  Just like the last hop, there will be a freebie up for grabs and San is once again giving away a whole set of this release to one lucky winner!!!!  A WHOLE SET for one truly fortunate person!!!  Talk about a phenomenal prize for spending just a little time with us!!!

Winner will be chosen
Sunday, April 28th, 2013, at San’s Design

To qualify to win...
 
Hop to each designer's blog, leave a comment and then return to San’s Design to let her know you have completed the hop.

 ALERT--ALERT--ALERT--  Flash Sale   --ALERT--ALERT--ALERT

For the first 24-48 hours (depending on the timezone you are in) all images in the new release will have a 25% discount This is the perfect opportunity to get some of the images you've been eyeing.  You know you want to!

And if this isn't enough for you, there's also a spankin' new freebie to be had over at San's blog! (Yes, you will have to hop over there to see what it is...)

Here is the front of the card I am showcasing for the blog hop using the really sweet new balloon flight image...


Here is the inside of my card...


Here are the card details, I hope I haven't forgotten anything...

General Information:
  • I've tried to keep this one clean and simple and followed a layout idea that I've seen Calypso, one of my fellow Scribbles Designs DT member use on a card.
  • I apologize for the quality of the printing on the inside, our printer is running out of black ink and it fuzzed some of the lettering out a bit.  Strangely though, it seems to print one fuzzy line and then one good line, then back to fuzzy.  Things that make you say hmmm...
Digital Image:
  • Balloon Flight (front):  The image on the front of the card is the wonderful new release Balloon Flight available now in the store.
  • I coloured it in using Copic Markers.  Balloons: B00, B02, B05.  Heart:  YR000, YR00, YR02.  I fussy cut around it and actually cut the balloons off.  I took some charcoal coloured cross stitch thread and then wound it around the balloon to act like the strings.  I cut teeny-tiny strips of double sided tape to stick on the thread.  I've popped up the balloon on the left side to give it a bit of dimension.
Digital Sentiment:
  • Inside:  The sentiment is one I have created to work perfectly with this great new image.
Paper Products:
  • Card base:  Michael's Recollection's Cardstock, white. 
  • Designer Papers:  Peach strip with balloons on the front is a digital paper courtesy of Jo over at Trimgym's Digi Stamps and ImagesI cropped it down to the size I needed then cut out the pennant (is that what they are called?).  Peach striped paper (inside)--Recollection's Bright and Basic paper pad. The solid peach paper used as a shadow in behind the sentiment is Michael's Recollection's Cardstock, Preppy Beach collection.
Embellishments:
  • I used a button from our stash and used light peach cross stitch thread.
Challenges I hope to enter include:
I'm sure I'll be adding to this list as the week or month goes on.

In case you get lost along the way, here is the whole line-up...


Monica

Gry

Lisa--that's me!

Vicky

Audrey

Thanks for stopping by and remember, in order to qualify for the amazing prize San has up for grabs, you'll need to leave a comment on each of the blogs.

We'd love to hear your feedback and please let us know if you encounter any problems along the way.  I look forward to hearing what you think about my card.

Your place to go for amazing digital designs and card inspiration!



Until next time,

Note: I apologize if there are any formatting issues.  This is a scheduled post and we all know Blogger has a mind of it's own.  If it turns out that something looks wonky, i.e.--part of the sentence is a different size, font, or colour than the rest, I'll fix it as soon as I'm able to.


13 comments:

Cardlotta said...

Vilka härliga alster! smakfulla o glada!
hälsningar
Lotta

ike said...

Lovely CAS card Lisa :-) The new designs are gorgeous. I think my fave is the one with the knitting. They're all great though !
Have a fabbo weekend.
Hugz
IKE xxxx

DeadUntilDark said...

I just love all the images from San´s Design!

The card you have made is fab. So simple, but sooo beautiful!
Hugs Linda

Crafting Vicky said...

Beautiful. I really love the CAS layout that really makes the balloons take the spot!

KatarinaR said...

What a cute card you have made with the cute ballonstamp!

Jennifer said...

What a lovely card Lisa, simple can sometimes be more effective, I love it. I also love the images as they are all so great, what a prize to win. Jen :-)
Krafty Keepsakes

Tistel said...

Fint kort/Nica card! Lite knepigt om man ska skriva på svenska eller engelska/a bit tricky if the response should be in english or swedish ...

Carol from Canada said...

I just love the Bloghops.
We get to see so many
great cards all in one
place. They are so inspiring
to me I feel I can do the
CAS cards too thanks to all
of you.

Janet said...

Sweet card simple but fun Great sentiment!
Big Blog Hugs, Janet

Monica =) said...

Hi there!
Love your card, Lisa!!!
So cute and great together with the sentence insíde.

Hugs, Monica

Trimgym said...

Another lovely card Lisa, thank you for joining in and good luck!

Love,

Jo

Shea said...

It may be CAS, but there's plenty of charm on this card. I expect to see the balloons move across the card, you've colored them that realistically. Well done, girlie! Thanks for sharing all your talent with us at CI Paints this week! You've been a busy girl! (I don't know how you DO it.) :)

Unknown said...

What a great CAS card! I am so bad at them but you really nailed it! Thank you so much for playing the CDAC ANYTHING GOES CHALLENGES
~Deb~
CDAC DT Member
A Look Through My Eyes