Wednesday, June 05, 2013

DT Post: San's Design New Release Preview

 
 Hello Everyone!  This weekend there will be a new release over at Sans Design.

Of course, all of us on the team got to see and play with some of the new releases ahead of time.  I've worked with the fabulous new image called "Bunting " which you will be able to get your hands on this coming weekend.


Actually, I managed to combine a few different images from San in creating my card.  I've used several elements from San's Purple and Dots Digital Scrapbooking Kit which you can find in the store HERE or by clicking on the watermark below.  The set includes seven papers, an alphabet (including å, ä and ö), and twenty elements.

Finally, I have also used one of the sentiments from the English birthday set which you can find in the store by clicking HERE or on the watermark below.



Here are the card details.  I hope that I haven't forgotten anything...

 FRONT


General Information:
  • While this project may look deceptively clean and simple, I spent a significant amount of time doing some digital paper piecing (DPP).
    • Banner:  I brought the banner into Photoshop Essentials 5 (PE5).  Right from the first time I saw it, I knew I wanted to do some DPP.  It then hit me that I should use elements from the purple kit in order to create a unique banner.  I used one of the papers from the kit, then added one of the flowers and one of the embellishments to act as the floral centre.  Next I played around with the placement of the flowers and ended up with purple floral banner you see above.  
    • Birthday Sentiment:  I brought the butterfly birthday sentiment into PE5.  I used the same purple paper and paper pieced part of the wings, then used another of the papers, the black with white polka dot one from the kit, and paper pieced the body and the remaining areas of the wings. 
    • I then brought both these new elements into Publisher and placed them so that they would print out as the front of my card. 
INSIDE


General Information:
  • I printed out some of the same purple paper from the kit to use as a background for the quote which is another great one I got as a freebie from Create With TLC.  Click HERE to go to Paulette's blog and HERE to go to the store.  I took the quote into PE5 to recolour the word 'celebrate' to match the paper.
  • I fussycut a second butterfly and curled up the wings a bit to give it some dimension before affixing it to the inside.
  • I used a candle shaped punch for the edge.  While neither picture shows it, this edge actually hangs over so that when the card is closed, you see the candles on the right.

OVERALL 

Paper Products:
  • Card base: Michael's Recollection's Cardstock, white.
Challenges I hope to enter include:
Some more challenges may be added to this list later this week and/or month.

I am so glad you have had the chance to stop by and check out my latest creation.  Don't forget to stop by on Saturday when I will present the other four new releases.

Your place to go for amazing digital designs and card inspiration!


5 comments:

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

Oh my Sweetness!!! Love those awesome banners! For some reason I am drawn to them, but cant ever figure out how to use them. Perhaps that is WHY I am drawn to them ;) lol!
Your card is perfect. Sweet, simple and lovely! The border diecut candles inside is too too cute!!!

Sending smiles,
Heather

Crafting Vicky said...

Totally awesome card! Just adore the great punch you have used for the inside!!! I would never have thought of doing that. It's fabulous.

Desire Fourie said...

Beautiful Lisa. Love the mauve colouring and the bunting.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

Karon said...

Such a wonderful card - I love the candles edge! TFS

Jennifer said...

Wonderful card Lisa, so clean and simple. Hugs, Jen :-) x
Krafty Keepsakes