Friday, August 30, 2013

Card Design: San's Design August New Release Preview

Hello everyone!  There is a great new release coming out tomorrow over at San's Design but I just couldn't wait to show you what I created. Here is the watermark of the fabulous new image I used in my card.


This is such a sweet little image.  I have a young cousin who is about to turn five years old in just a few weeks and when I saw this digi as part of the new release package, I just knew I had to use it!  Here is the card I made for her...

FRONT
Digital Images:
  • Girl on swing:  I have coloured her in using Copic markers.  Y11, Y13 and Y15 for her hair.  E000, E00, E02, and R20 for her skin.  B00 for her eyes.  Then for her clothing and shoes I used YR000, YR00, and YR02.  For the tire I used C3, C5, and C7.  
  • Here is a closer look at this precious young lady...
  • The sky and clouds were created using a pattern from Webtreats, Etc.
  • The tree is an image I picked up over at 123RF. The artist who created this image is Sergey Chernov.
  • The grass is also an image picked up at the same site.  This time the artist's name is chainat.
  • Both images have been used in accordance with the terms set forth at 123RF.
Digital Sentiment:
  • The digital sentiment I used on the front is also by San and you can find it as part of the English Birthday set.  Clicking on the watermark below will take you to its location in the store.  I just added my cousin's name to the centre before printing.
 Embellishments:
  • The green 1/2 pearls I used are Crafts brand from Dollarama.
INSIDE
Digital Sentiment:
  • I fussy cut a second of the same digital sentiment I used on the front and added it to the inside for an extra personalized touch.
  • The sentiment on the right is one I created.  Here is a closer look so you can read what it says (yes I do have a thing for puns.  While the five year old won't get it, her parents certainly will)...

OVERALL 
Paper Products:
  • Card base: Michael's Recollection's Cardstock, ivory.
  • Designer Papers:  I am really pleased to say that all of the designer papers used to create this project were created by ME!  Anyone who saw my Wonderful Wednesday post this week (which you can find by clicking HERE) might recognize this paper, as I used it in my creations.  The polka dotted paper was created especially for a reader who won a digital paper of her choice, on my blog.  The design of the dotted paper and colour choices were made by the winner and I just put it all together for her.  For this project I decided to create two accompanying papers, one in green-apple and the other in peach to match the coloured dots.  So, now I have a new 4 piece mini-pack of papers (because I decided to create a solid yellow one at the same time) to add to my store once I figure out where, what, who, and how that store is going to come into existence.
  • Here is a little sneak peek of that paper pack... 
 (if you want a better view, left click it to bring it up in the lightbox.)

 The watermarked image I used in my project from San's Designs will be available on Saturday when the new releases come out. If you are interested in the birthday set, you can get that now.

I am so glad you have had the chance to stop by and check out my latest creation.  Please join me Saturday to find out the other sweet images coming available.  You don't want to miss it. 
 
Your place to go for amazing digital designs and card inspiration!



You can also check San's Design out on Facebook.  Click HERE to go there now.

7 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Such a beautiful little springs cene you have crafted here. Love the background scene with the tree and the very apt sentiment on the inside.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

KT Fit Kitty said...

Hi, Lisa - Love how you attached the swing to the tree - brilliant! And I love your papers and how you layered them - really like that colour palette! I like seeing the inside of your card too - shows the continuity of your sentiment. Have a wonderful weekend!

Karon said...

Love the scene you have created and what a wonderful image. TFS and have a great weekend.

Edwina said...

Hi Lisa, I love your card! :) It is so adorable. Love the papers you used. I want that dot paper so much. It is so cheerful. Thanks for sharing. Edwina Brown

Unknown said...

Adorable card Lisa! If you need help figuring out the store thing, let me know. I'd be glad to help.
~Deb~
The Bling Chronicles DT
CDAC DT Member
A Look Through My Eyes

SAMARA said...

This is so super adorable Lisa...It makes me feel so young to look at it..you have captured a real essence of fun and lightness of being. The colors are wonderfully designed and of course - meh - sentiment design...a master you are! xox

Donna Ellis said...

Aw, what a sweet design, Lisa, with the prettiest colors and shading! Your paper selection is wonderful, but it is the shading which really captures my attention! Just wonderful! I hope your week-end is enjoyable, that each day finds you feeling better, and that you always know how appreciated you are. xo