Friday, July 04, 2014

Flashback Friday: July 4, 2014

If you would like to see the impetus behind why I created Flashback Friday please go HERE.

Woo Hoo!  Two months in a row I have managed to come out with my Flashback Friday post.  But before I get to it I wanted to share what I was doing between 4:30 am and 5:30 am yesterday morning.  So, I got up to go to the bathroom, and unfortunately like it always seems to happen, I wasn't able to get back to sleep (keep in mind that I have only had about an hour and a half of sleep by this point).  So, with a thousand thoughts of everything I have to accomplish in the next couple weeks racing through my head, I started another 'to do' list, adding to it every few minutes over the course of the hour.  I thought I'd share it with you.
It is written on the back of a library book loan receipt and once I decipher my writing, I'm going to be rather busy trying to accomplish all these tasks.  The worst part is there are still about five other things I still need to add!  Oh and that reminds me, I need to order some more books as soon as I'm done here.

Anyway...on to the subject of today's post...

This month I've decided to showcase a light hearted image from my teenhood.  I've got a few like this.  Of course, I've based them on existing comics.  I wish I had the talent to come with this kind of stuff on my own.  Unfortunately, since it was sketched lightly, the scan is pretty light as well.  Hopefully you'll get the gist of the drawing...

Hee, hee.  I think every cat we have ever owned has felt exactly this way each and every time the vacuum cleaner was pulled out.  In case you can't read it, the piece is entitled 'The Alien'.  There is also a little mousehole under the electric socket with a sign outside of it that says, 'quiet please'.

This one is dated on the back so I would have been 16 or 17 at the time I drew it.

Okay peeps, well that is it for today. I am wishing you all well on this lovely Friday evening!  For those of you in the States celebrating this weekend, stay safe and have a great one!

Until next time,

4 comments:

Edwina said...

Ha! Ha! This is too funny. I love your drawings! Our cats hat the vacuum cleaner too. They run and hide. I know the feeling. The sound hurts my ears so Mom vacuums. I stay in another room. Thanks for sharing. Edwina Brown

Monica taylor said...

Your "To Do" list made me laugh. Just love that drawing. A lady of many talents. Even at a young age.

Maryann Laursen said...

Well your to do list looks pretty much like mine all the time, I think. For some reason, I just never think it goes down, as there just keeps comming new things on it faster than I can remove any, so I know the feeling, you have about it.
Next I´ll say oh my god, I absolutely LOVE your drawinf/ sketch, it´s amazing, and I sure wish, I could draaw anything like this, and then it wouldn´t matter if the idea was mine or from something I´d seen somewhere, but just to be able to draw like this, would sure be a gift, but unfortunately I can´t even draw a simple cat LOL.
Have a great week-end and I hope, you´ll finally catch up on your long list, and maybe it´s time to take a vacation from all of us to do that, but best of luck with everything.

Desire Fourie said...

Sjoe that is one mighty to do list. If it was me I would crawl into a mouse hole and put up a 'quiet please' sign. Love the humour in your cartoon.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}