Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Card Design: 5 Days of Christmas at Fresh Brewed Designs

Good morning all.  While the end of October may be two days away, Christmas is fast approaching.  So, why not be sure to grab some images now to work on your Christmas and/or other holiday related cards.  For some of you, it will be already adding to a stockpile you've been working on.  For others, it may be your first card.  Whichever category you fall into, now is the perfect time to do a little image shopping and Heather has been releasing some brand new Christmas themed images all week to help you out.

Here is the image I got to work with for this special release...
http://www.freshbreweddesigns.com/category_11/Christmas.htm
I'm such a fan of the Cutie Bugs so it was an honour to be able to create a Christmas card with one of them.  If you click on the watermark, it will take you to the Christmas section of the store where you can find this image, along with all the other ones that have been released so far this week. 

Before I show you my card, it is important to note the following... 

Disclaimer:
It clearly states in the Fresh Brewed Designs, terms of use, that images must be hand coloured.  Therefore, please note that I sought out and received permission from the owner, to create a hybrid project that is partially coloured in digitally and partially coloured in by hand.  If you decide that you want to use Fresh Brewed Designs images in this way (partially digitally manipulated), you must seek out permission from Heather before doing so EACH TIME and indicate that you have, when posting.  

General Information:
  • While I missed the deadline for the challenge itself, I did use a sketch from Sketch Saturday.  I really love this sketch and you're actually going to see it again in the next couple days when I post one of my progressive challenge cards.  I just flipped the location of the small pennant.
http://sketchsaturday.blogspot.ca/
  • YaY, another card added to the Christmas card pot which reminds me, I'm rather behind in getting the winner announcement out for The 12 Months of Christmas Link Up.  Hopefully by next week, I'll get the chance to pull it off.
    Christmas Card Count to date: 24
FRONT

Digital Image Details:
  • Cutie Bug Christmas:  This image is currently available in the FBD store in the Christmas section.  You can find it by clicking on the image watermark above.
  • This image has been coloured using a combination of techniques.  Parts were coloured digitally (see disclaimer above) and then the image was printed out and the remaining parts were coloured by hand using Copic markers. Digital credits include:

INSIDE
Digital Sentiment Details:
  • I am so very pleased to finally have the opportunity to use one of the many stamps I have from Limited Runs.  Nikki has such awesome images and I am lucky enough to own several of them.  Unfortunately, I haven't had much of a chance to actually use them so I am pleased to be able to do so now.  This fabulous image and sentiment combined is one I picked up in a win over at Limited Runs.  I've used the pre-coloured version to save some time.  Clicking on the watermark will take you to the Christmas section of the store where you can find this wonderful image.
http://limitedrunsstamps.blogspot.ca/search/label/Christmas
OVERALL
Paper Products: 
  • Card, image and sentiment base:  Michael's Recollection's Cardstock, white.
Digital Paper Products: 
  • I've used one of my own digital papers for this card.  It is from my Holiday Hoopla Kit.
Challenges I hope to enter...

Before you go...
This coming Monday, Heather has several more new images coming out.  Please be sure to pop by on November 3rd to check them all out.  The badge below might just give you a hint as to what the theme will be for the new release...
Be sure to head over to Fresh Brewed Designs to check out all the images that have been released so far this week and then be sure to pop in tomorrow and Friday to check out the remaining ones.  You definitely won't be disappointed!

If you are looking for more fresh brewed inspiration, be sure to pop by again this coming Monday, when I'll be back to showcase a card made with an image from the latest new release.


At Fresh Brewed Designs we always have a fresh pot of creativity brewing. So stop by and join us for a cuppa whenever you want!

 
Until next time,


Additional notes:  Just a reminder...
Remember that terms of use or angel policies will differ with each and every company selling digital images.  While some companies do not take issue with their images being made into digital creations, others do, so make sure you seek permission from EACH COMPANY involved.  Also, keep in mind that if you do create a digital piece of work, even with permission, this does not alter the fact that the original image belongs to the original artist(s).  Creating a hybrid project DOES NOT allow you to claim the new creation as your own and do with it as you wish.  The fact that you'd be using an image for your own personal use does not automatically allow you to do what you want with another artist's work.  So, please be sure to get permission first before going ahead with your ideas.

5 comments:

EriEs said...

I love these bugs and this christmas one is adorable

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

This is adorable! Love the bright reds and the icy blue color on our cutie bug. Everything about this makes me smile.

sending you a smile too,
Heather

(AJ) ArtJypsy said...

Fun Card. Love the way you colored you image.

Edwina said...

Lisa, I love this card. This cutie bug image is truly too cute. I love your coloring of the digi. Thanks for sharing. Edwina Brown

Crafting Vicky said...

Such an adorable card!!! just love the great background you have done on this!!!