Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Card Design: Thinking of You with Nicecrane Designs

http://nicecranedesigns.com/
Hello!  I hope that you are all doing well.  Personally, I'm going crazy and terrified I'm not going to get everything done that needs completing by the end of the month. Right now I need to show you all a card I created using an image from the Restored Sunbonnet postcard collection from Nicecrane Designs 

Here are my card and the details... 

General Information:
  • Just like I did with my Deedee's card, I decided to simply layer some coloured cardstock together.  This time I went with red and black (Red, black and white are one of my favourite colour schemes--it even matches my watermark).  I'm really liking this effect.  For this one though, I decided to add some patterned paper to the inside.  I've got a couple more cards using this technique that I will be showing you soon.  
  
FRONT
Digital Image Details: 
  • Restored Sunbonnet:  For this card I used the image you see in the top left hand side of the preview below.  These images are just so sweet and can be used for a variety of occasions.  I decided to make a 'thinking of you' card but could make lots of different types in the future.  Click on the name or the watermark below to take you to its location in the store.
http://nicecranedesigns.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=99&products_id=1326
Digital Sentiment Details:
  • I just added the sentiment in the space under the image before printing it out. 
Embellishments: 
  • The metallic looking flowers are Crafts brand and were purchased at Dollarama.

INSIDE
Digital Sentiment Details: 
  • This great sentiment was created by Paulette from Create with TLC.  For more great freebies, click HERE to go to Paulette's blog and to purchase some wonderful sets, click HERE to go to the store.
Paper Products:
  • Designer paper is from a Recollection's paper pad.  This piece is from my scrap pile and the cover of the book is misplaced so I don't remember the specific one.

OVERALL 
Paper Products: 
  • Card base:  Michael's Recollection's Cardstock, black.
  • Matting: Michael's Recollection's Cardstock, red.
  • Image and sentiment bases:  Michael's Recollection's Cardstock, white.
 Challenges I am hoping to enter... 
Before I go...
Once again I thought I would share another wonderful set available at Nicecrane's Designs.  Last time I showed you a different Sunbonnet Babies set so I might as well stick with that theme considering today's project also uses an image in that series.  This collage sheet is called Colored Sunbonnets.  You get all five of the images shown below.  They are just so sweet.  Be sure to go and check them out while you are at the store (c
lick on image below to head to its location).

http://nicecranedesigns.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=5&products_id=1329
 
Don't forget, to stay current on ALL the latest releases and to check out the fabulous inspiration from my fellow DT members, be sure to head over to the Nicecrane Designs blog.

I am so happy that you had a chance to pop by and check out my latest creation.  If things go as planned I should be back tomorrow with another project!

Until next time,



3 comments:

Edwina said...

Such a cute card. I love these sunbonnet images. Those flowers on your card are pretty. I need a Dollarama here. Thanks for sharing. Edwina Brown

Crafting Vicky said...

So very cute!!!! Love the layout and the sentiment you have used of course!

Nicecrane Designs said...

Sooooooo cute,,,,,so cute,,,,,,I think these sunbonnets are really so adorable,,,,,Thanks a million for using it......