Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Card Design: From the Heart Stamps July Challenge

http://fromtheheartstamps.com/community/blog/
Man!  I am quickly running out of 'month' so it is a good thing I finished my card last night for the July, From the Heart Stamps (FTHS) progressive stamp of the month challenge. I'd hate to lose out on the wonderful opportunity to earn incredible stamp sets from such an amazing designer by not getting my project completed in time!  Now I just have to remember to actually link it.  I decided to check and make sure my Deedee's Digis card from last week was linked, and it wasn't!  Man it is a good thing I checked.

Anyway...in order to enter the FTHS progressive challenge, you must either have received the latest image by having participated in the previous month or you can buy the stamp for the current month's challenge.  Everyone who enters and follows the rules is a winner because you automatically get the stamp for the next month's challenge.  Stop by the site and check out the rules for yourself.  While you are there, have a look around.  They have some really awesome images.

This time around I decided to make another birthday card.  Here is my project and the details.  I hope I haven't forgotten anything important...

General Information:

  • This card has been created mostly digitally and then printed and assembled.  The image itself was coloured using a combination of digital 'colouring' for the background and then by hand for the main part of the image.
  • I also chose to use one of the older sketches from From the Hearts Stamps Sketch.   

 FRONT 
Digital Image Details: 
  • The image on the front, Inner Tube Birdbrain, is available for purchase over at From the Heart Stamps. Click HERE or on the watermark below to go to its location in the store.
  • If you missed out, you can still play along with the challenge by purchasing the image. Then you can enter the challenge and receive next month’s digi free. Alternatively, if you spend $10 in the From The Heart Stamps store this month, you'll receive the image for free.  To find the special code you need, be sure to check out the original post by clicking HERE.
Inner Tube Birdbrain by FromTheHeartStamps
  • The sky and water were created using patterns courtesy of Webtreats, Etc.  The main part of the image was coloured in mostly with Copic Markers although I did use coloured pencils for the umbrella, lip of the coconut and the straw.
Digital Embellishments: 
  • The tag shape was created using a template from Marisa Lerin, Pixel Scrapper.  I then used a water pattern from Webtreats, Etc., simply changing the colour of it to better match the colours on my card.
Digital Sentiment Details: 
  • Once again I have relied on this great sentiment from Imagine That! Digis by Kris.  It can be used in so many different kinds of situations.  I think I've used it four times in the past two months!  You can find it in the Poolside Penguins set.  Click on the watermark below to find this set in the IT store.
http://www.imaginethatdigistamp.com/store/p227/Poolside_Penguins.html

INSIDE  
Digital Sentiment Details: 
  • This great sentiment was created by Paulette from Create with TLC.  I picked it up as a freebie a while back.  Check out Paulette's wonderful blog by clicking HERE or click HERE to go to the store.

OVERALL 
Paper Products: 
  • Card, image and sentiment bases: Michael's Recollection's Cardstock, white. 
Digital Embellishments: 
  • The shapes used for matting in behind the image and sentiment are simple shapes created in Photoshop Elements and paper pieced with a digital paper from the Sizzlin' Summer set (details on this set below).
  • The shadows to give each element some depth were created with a layer style, from Sheila Reid, Pixel Scrapper.
Digital Paper Products: 
  • The background sand texture used on the front and inside, along with the blue textured paper, are from the Scribble Doodles Designs set I created called Sizzlin' Summer You can get it in the Textures only pack for $1.99 or as part of the complete set of both patterned and textured papers for just $3.99.  Click on the watermarks below to find either set in the Scribble Designs store.
http://buyscribblesdesigns.blogspot.ca/2014/08/dp-001-sizzlin-summer-paper-set.html
http://buyscribblesdesigns.blogspot.ca/2014/08/dp-001-sizzlin-summer-paper-set.html

Challenges I am hoping to enter: 
Others I might get it into...
 
At the rate I'm going I'm going to run out of month before I get everything done that needs doing, including trying to get a Wonderful Wednesdays creation and post done for tomorrow.  I'll do my best but I may end up having to do two next month if I can't get it done tonight.  So, I'll say adieu for now and run off to the next item on my list!
 
Until next time,

4 comments:

Lisa Lynn said...

Lisa this is adorable....I still have to finish mine....I have it colored, now just to put it together.

Imke said...

Amazing coloring, Lisa and FUN summer card.

Thanks for joining our FREE Stamp of the Month July Challenge @ From the Heart Stamps !!

Tlc Creations said...

Your creations are awww-inspiring.
Paulette

Tlc Creations said...

Your creations are awww-inspiring.
Paulette