Monday, August 17, 2015

Card Design: Path of Positivity #29 Midway--Opportunity


Hello everyone!  It is time to show you the creation I made for the midway of The Path of Positivity Challenge.  I'll also be sharing the freebies from this month's challenge as well, which you can find at the bottom of the post.


The theme this month is Opportunity.  Like I mentioned at the start of the challenge over on the PoP blog, We are given so many opportunities in our life and it is up to us to figure out which ones we should hold on to and which ones we should let go of.  Even when things are difficult, opportunity still exists--we just have to look a little harder to find it.  Is there someone you know that needs a little encouragement to seek out their dreams and goals so they can climb the ladder to success?  Or maybe someone in your life needs a little reminder that life is all about taking chances.  You could even create a birthday card as my team member and good friend Desíre did, adhering to the idea that every birthday holds the possibility of wonderful opportunities for the year to come.


This month our sponsors are...


http://www.oddballartco.com


https://shop.deedeesdigis.com/

Next up, is the card I made using an image from Deedee's Digis...

The quote I created for the start of the challenge states, "In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity".  Even when we are going through great difficulties in our lives, it is important to hang on and see that there is opportunity to be had.  As such I've created this card to share with one of my friends who is currently in a bad place in her life.
 

General Info: 
  • This card was created 100% digitally and then layered in a poster mockup.  It is my intention to print it out and assemble it at a later date.
  • This particular layout was inspired by a From the Hearts Stamps Sketch.  
http://fromtheheartstamps.com/community/


FRONT
Digital Image Details:
  • Hang in There:  This wonderful image was perfect for the sentiment of my card.  Click on the watermark below to find it in the Deedee's Digis store.
Digital Embellishments:
  • I used washi tape templates from Marisa Lerin, Pixel Scrapper, and paper pieced them with papers from my Mommy Dearest set (details below).
Digital Sentiment Details:
  • One I created for the start of the Opportunity challenge.  You can find it below.

INSIDE
Digital Sentiment Details: 
  • This great sentiment was created by Paulette from Create with TLC.  I picked it up as a freebie a while back.  For more great freebies, click HERE to go to Paulette's blog and to purchase some wonderful sets, click HERE to go to the store.


OVERALL
Digital Embellishments:
 
  • The shapes used for matting in behind the image and sentiment are simple shapes created in Photoshop Elements.
  • The shadows to give each element some depth were created with a layer style, from Sheila Reid also with Pixel Scrapper.  
Digital Paper Products: 
  • The  paper used as a base is from my Mommy Dearest:  Patterned Papers Kit.  The two accent papers used in the washi tape are from the Mommy Dearest:  Textured Papers Kit. 


Other Notes: 
  • The poster mockup that I used to display the card is from Design Bolts.
 Challenges I am hoping to enter:
Finally, that brings me to a couple of freebies.  The first was offered up at the challenge start and the second was just offered up today during the midway...


© 2015

Font Information:
Both of these fonts were listed for commercial use at the time of this creation.  



© 2015

Font Information:
Please note that the first font listed may be a limited time freebie but was listed for commercial use at the time I downloaded it.   The second font was purchased as part of a limited time bundle with a commercial use license but may be purchased from the designer by clicking on the link above.

Please be sure to click on the images to bring them up into the lightbox in their proper size before saving them.  It is my understanding, that I am within my rights to use these fonts in my creations and offer them to others.  Please refer to my full terms of service for what you can and cannot do with this digital creation.

These word art creations are in png format and published at 300 ppi. They are quite large in order to accommodate different programs that people work with.   If you are a card maker you can always resize them smaller without distorting the quality.   


Credit Notes For These Creations:
© Lisa L. Décosse. PUO. However, you are allowed to use the sentiments on handmade projects that you intend to sell on a small scale basis provided credit is given. You also need to include a credit note and a link to this blog should you use any of my images in your creations and post them on your blog. Please be sure to familiarize yourself with my full terms of use found in the 'Download Instructions & T.O.U.' tab at the top of this page. Of important note:  Please do not share my images with family, friends, etc. Additionally, do not post any images to file sharing services like Box®, 4-Shared®, etc. Instead, please direct people to my blog(s) so they can grab the image for themselves. If you would like to post a watermarked version of the image, please contact me to obtain one.

_________________________________________________________________________
 I invite you to go and check out, not only, the fabulous creations some members of my Design Team had the opportunity to create over on the Path of Positivity (click HERE for the midway) but also some of the great entries into this month's challenge (click HERE for the challenge).  I also invite you to come over and enter a project yourself, if you haven't already.  There are still three weeks left to enter. The concept of opportunity provides you with the chance to explore a number of different avenues.  We look forward to seeing your interpretation on this month's theme. 
Well, that is it for this one!

Until next time,

4 comments:

ScrappyHorses said...

Great card, Lisa! The sentiment is perfect for that little guy!

ScrappyHorses said...

Great card, Lisa! The sentiment is perfect for that little guy!

Lisa Lynn said...

What a fun card.

Desire Fourie said...

This is just delightful Lisa and I love the inspiring sentiments. Thanks for the generous share of the sentiments.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}